DETAILED NOTICE ON COOKIES
By this notice, pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the on the free movement of such data, (hereinafter the “GDPR”) and of Article 122 of Legislative Decree No. 196/2003, as amended by Legislative Decree No. 101/2018 (hereinafter the “Privacy Code”), and also on the basis of the provisions of the General Decision of the Italian Data Protection Authority (hereinafter the “Data Protection Authority”) of 8 May 2014, as eventually amended or integrated, the manager of website www.plan-c.com (hereinafter the “Website”), GC S.r.l. with registered office in Milan, Via Melchiorre Gioia 8 – 20124 – data controller – e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (hereinafter “GC”), provides the users of the Website and the associated subdomains some information on the cookies utilized.
WHAT ARE COOKIES
Cookies are small text-only strings of data that Website visited by the user send to his/her terminal (usually to the browser), where they are automatically stored and subsequently retransmitted back to the same website when the user next visits it.
Cookies, which are usually found in users' browsers in very high numbers and occasionally with long time lasting features, are used for different purposes: digital authentication execution, session monitoring, storage of information in specific configurations for users who access the server.
There are various types of cookies and they differ from each other on the basis of their purposes. For example, certain cookies are used to make the Website’s use more effective, others are necessary to enable specific functions.
TYPES OF COOKIES USED AND PURPOSES
- to browse and enjoy the Website (e.g. making a purchase or logging in and access registration-only areas);
- to avoid having to reinsert the same information (e.g. user name and password) many times during the visit;
- to save the preferences inserted;
- to analyse the use of services and content provided in order to optimise the browsing experience and the services offered.
The various types of cookies used by the Website according to the intended use are described below.
Technical cookies are used solely to “transmit a communication over an electronic communications network, or insofar as they are strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service specific requested by the subscriber or the user to provide such service”. This type of cookie enables certain sections of the Websites to properly function. Technical cookies will therefore always be utilised and transmitted in relation to the technical services offered, unless the user modifies his or her browser settings. They are not used for additional purposes.
This Website uses the following technical cookies:
- Navigation cookies: these allows the normal navigation and use of the Website, they are stored on the user's computer for mere technical and functional requirements and in order to optimise the user's browsing experience.
- Analytical cookies: these are used to collect, in aggregate and anonymous form, statistical information on the number of users and on users’ different browsing modalities, in order to enhance the use of the Website and to make the contents more interesting and relevant for users’ requests. Analytical cookies are sent from the Website itself or from third-parties’ domains and are treated as technical cookies only if used directly by the Website owner to optimise the Website.
- Functional cookies, also of third parties: they enable the user to browse on the basis of a series of preselected criteria (e.g. language, products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service offered.
The period of permanence of technical cookies on a computer or a mobile device depends on their nature as a “persistent” cookie or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until browsing stops, while persistent cookies last until their expiration or removal. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and expire within a 30 minutes-2 years period starting from the date they were downloaded on the device.
Profiling cookies, including those of third parties, are used with the aim of creating user profiles and in order to transmit advertising messages that match the user's preferences as expressed while browsing.
When browsing a Website, the user can also receive on his/her device cookies sent from different websites or web servers (so-called "third parties"), where certain features (e.g. images, maps, sounds, specific links to other domains’ pages) present on the website the user is visiting may reside. Certain third-party cookies are installed through the Website. Among third parties’ cookies are installed social networking cookies to allow the user’s social media account to interact with the Website. They are used, for example, to show the user’s appreciation and to share it with user’s social media friends. Social networking cookies are not necessary for browsing.
Individual third-party cookies and the links that allow the user to receive more information and to ask for cookies disabling are indicated below in detail.
How to disable them
Facebook including Instagram
Management of ad preferences
How Facebook’s Pixel functions
How Facebook’s Pixel functions
CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING AND MANAGEMENT OF COOKIES
By accessing the Website, the user receives a short notice (banner) with a brief description of the cookies used by the Website. By clicking on "I Accept” on the banner when first accessing the Website, the user accepts analytical and profiling cookies as well as the processing of his or her personal data in conformity with information provided.
Otherwise, the user could manage the cookies’ preferences accessing the related dashboard through the button “Managing preferences”. In the absence of the user’s explicit consent, analytical and profiling cookies will not be enabled.
The user can, at any time, deny and/or revoke the consent to enable any cookies/pixel tag expressing his/her preferences on the browser settings.
Therefore the user can, at any time, set the browser to revoke his or her consent, to accept all cookies, or only some of them, to reject them by disabling their use by the Website. Moreover, the user can also set the browser preferences in order to receive a notification whenever a cookie is stored in the computer's memory. At the end of each browsing session, it is possible to delete the collected cookies from the hard disk.
Each browser has different procedures to manage the settings for deleting the cookies installed in the related browser’s folder.
HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES BY CONFIGURING THE BROWSER
Each browser has different procedures for managing the relevant settings. The user can obtain specific instructions by clicking on the links below:
- Managing cookies in Chrome
- Managing cookies in Firefox
- Managing cookies in Safari
- Managing cookies in Microsoft Edge
- Managing cookies in Internet Explorer
The disabling of third-party cookies is also possible using the procedures provided directly by the third-party responsible for this processing, as indicated in the links listed in the "third-party cookies” paragraph.